Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011: The Year of the Pie

It's official folks, the cupcake is dead.  This will be the year of the pie, at least according to NPR.  I'm all right with that, although when I drove past Sprinkles' Dallas outpost a week before Christmas, the line was out the door. 

I've never been one to say I prefer pie to cake or vice versa because there's too much variety.  If I had to choose between a frozen pumpkin pie from the grocery store and the red velvet cake my mother made for my 21st birthday, that cake will win every time.  On the other hand, the maple sugar pumpkin pie that I made at Christmas was pretty darn good.  But let's face it, cupcakes can be annoying.  They usually have so much frosting that they're a mess to eat and cupcake bakeries can be way too precious. 

Maybe this means The Food Network can finally cancel those endless Cupcake Wars marathons.  Junior, could you pass that on to your Food Network contacts?      

No comments:

Post a Comment