Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar Red Carpet (almost) Live Blog!

As usual, I took notes with pen and paper since I don't (ahem) own an Ipad.  I looked for one in the LC gift bag, but alas, there was none. 

Here are my random thoughts on Oscar's red carpet:
Jennifer Lawrence was the first big celebrity to arrive and she looked spectacular in her red Calvin Klein gown.  Simple, young, sunny, classic California girl.  

Melissa Leo's lace and gold was bold if a bit fussy.  She dressed to win and she did.  The workmanship was stunning.  

Hailee Steinfeld looked like a beautiful princess in a one-of-a-kind Marquesa dress.

Who designed Mila Kunis' lavender and lace?  Fredericks of Hollywood?  Borderline vulgar. 

Michelle Williams' shimmery gown was very adult.  Quite a departure from her pixie look.  Her hair and makeup were flawless.

Amy Adams wore purple sequins.  Nice, but not a stand-out.  I don't get the green tumor necklace.

Jennifer Hudson was sexy and skinny in a red halter gown.  She has transformed herself.

Mark Ruffalo = Sex.  Sex with Sunshine, apparently.

Cate Blanchett is a goddess.  No one else could wear that dress. 

Scar Jo:  love the hair but I feel like I've seen that dress a hundred times.

Annette Benning:  classic and gorgeous.  Hollywood royalty.

Valentino himself!  He said Anne Hathaway was wearing "archival Valentino."  Whatever you call it, she looked amazing.

Sandra Bullock wore what my mother would call Go To Hell Red.  Love it.  Even the butt bow.  Obviously, Go To Hell Red was the color of the night.

Nicole Kidman wore a work of art.  Nicole Kidman is a work of art.  The rest of us mere mortals must bow to her.

Next up was Gwyneth Paltrow.  All kinds of wrong. 

Halle Berry looked like a dream.  She looked like a real movie star.

My best dressed?  Anne Hathaway, Anne Hathaway, Anne Hathaway, Anne Hathaway.  Just when you thought she couldn't look any more spectacular, she came out in another jaw-dropping gown.  The liquid metallic deep blue gown was incredible.  Then, the almost see-through black sheath she wore for the finale made our entire Oscar party scream! 

I'll have my full Oscar post tomorrow evening, including Anne Hathaway pics (as soon as I find some). 

No comments:

Post a Comment