Monday, February 28, 2011

Quick Oscar Note

I have to dash off to work, but I wanted to give my brief take on the show.  I thought Anne Hathaway was great.  She's got a talent for broad humor and song-and-dance.  I love James Franco, but his appeal is more cerebral and subtle and not as suited to this sort of gig.  The show seemed disjointed and without a unifying theme.  It jumped from Gone With the Wind tribute to Bob Hope gimmick to the Kids from PS whatever.  When they cued up Tara's Theme and began to introduce a "two-time Oscar winner," I thought "Oh My God it's Olivia de Havilland!"   Instead, we got Tom Hanks.  Hanks is just fine, but why was he talking about GWTW?  That was the first of several moments that didn't feel thought through.  I loved that they brought back the original songs.  Now, I wish they'd bring back the parade of costume nominees.     

That's it for now, more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment