Sunday, January 30, 2011

Monday's Man: James Franco

With the Academy Awards just around the corner, I thought I'd take a look at some of the nominees, starting with James Franco, nominated for Best Actor for 127 Hours
 I'll admit it, I haven't seen the movie.  Call me a wimp, but (spoiler alert!) I don't want to watch James Franco cut his arm off. 
I think he should have been nominated for Howl.  I think it's so rare for a straight actor to play gay well enough to convince a gay audience.  For my money, Franco did it in Howl. 

 Of course, he had practice in Milk.  Why wasn't he nominated for that? 
This year, he's both co-host and nominee.  This is his moment.
You can go here to watch his participation in a round-table discussion with a host of other Oscar nominees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment